Sai Dong B Industrial Park in Hanoi is one of the long-established industrial zones and holds significant importance in the development of the economy in the outskirts of Hanoi. This industrial park boasts comprehensive and modern infrastructure. Furthermore, its strategic location makes it easily accessible, facilitating transportation to the city and neighboring provinces. This, in turn, promotes trade in goods and labor, contributing to the economic growth of the region. The industrial park covers an extensive area of up to 97,11 hectares, and it is currently fully occupied, with 100% occupancy.
I. Overview of Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
Information about the industrial park
The Prime Minister approved Sai Dong B Industrial Park on March 11, 1996, granting permission for the investment and development of its infrastructure through Decision No. 151/TTg. Subsequently, on July 26, 1997, the Prime Minister signed Decision No. 583/TTg, allowing Hanel (Hanoi Electronics Corporation) to lease land for investment, construction, and infrastructure business in Sai Dong B Industrial Park, located in Gia Lam district.
Over time, Hanel has undertaken the construction of the industrial park’s infrastructure and has now completed the project. Sai Dong B Industrial Park was approved for a 50-year operation period, covering an area of 97,11 ha.
The total investment capital for infrastructure construction has reached 120,36 billion Vietnamese dong. Sai Dong B Industrial Park is developed in three phases. Phase 1 (covering 48,5 hectares) has already been leased out, while Phase 2 (with an area of 48,61 hectares) is currently under development. Phase 3 focuses on the construction of additional supporting facilities, and the occupancy rate has reached 100%. It is truly a modern and integrated electronic industrial park in Northern Vietnam, attracting the participation of nearly 60 domestic and foreign enterprises.
Since its establishment in 1996, Sai Dong B Industrial Park has played a crucial role in the economic development of the suburban areas around Hanoi. The project was designed to attract the participation of both domestic and international corporations for production and business activities, making it a synchronized and modern electronic industrial hub in Northern Vietnam.
Information about the investor
The project’s investor is HANEL Joint Stock Company.
Company address: 2 Chua Boc Street, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Areas of operation:
Electrical, electronic, and information technology
Industrial park infrastructure, Concentrated information technology zone, High-tech zone
Supporting industrial production
High-tech vocational training
With a wealth of experience and a track record of successful business operations in the market for over three decades by generations of Hanel’s workforce, Hanel, with its 30 subsidiary companies, joint ventures, partnerships, and over 10,000 employees, is confident in providing excellent service to all customers who come to Hanel.
After nearly 30 years of construction and operation, Sai Dong B Industrial Park has achieved a 100% occupancy rate with more than 30 domestic and foreign investment projects. Some notable ongoing projects in Sai Dong B Industrial Park include the pharmaceutical production project by Zuellig Pharma Vietnam Pte. Ltd. (Singapore); paper tissue and packaging production project by DYNAPAC Hanoi Co., Ltd. (Japan); and various electrical cable production projects by SUMI-HANEL System Co., Ltd. (Vietnam-Japan), among others.
Master plan map of Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi – TTTFIC Group
II. Geographical Location of Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
Sai Dong B Industrial Park is located in Sai Dong Ward, Long Bien District, Hanoi City, Vietnam.
Sai Dong B Industrial Park is strategically located near National Highway 5, which connects Hanoi to Hai Phong, the third-largest city and the most crucial seaport in Northern Vietnam. This location offers convenient transportation options via roads, rivers, railways, and airways, connecting the Hanoi – Hai Phong – Quang Ninh economic triangle.
Sai Dong B is located at the eastern gateway of the capital city, providing easy access to the inner city and facilitating the smooth transportation of goods to major commercial hubs:
- 700m from National Highway 5, linking Hanoi to Hai Phong.
- Only 11km from the center of Hanoi.
- Approximately 28km from Noi Bai International Airport.
- Just 8km from Long Bien Railway Station and 12 kilometers from Hanoi Railway Station.
- About 22km from Hung Yen City, 27km from Bac Ninh, and nearly 60km from Ha Nam.
- Approximately 100 km from Hai Phong.
- The distance to Hai Phong International Container Terminal is 116 km, and to Cai Lan International Container Terminal is 147km.
The well-connected road, air, rail, and waterway systems enable easy exchange of goods within the Northern economic triangle of Hanoi – Hai Phong – Quang Ninh.
III. Infrastructure at Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
The industrial park features a modern internal road system, thoughtfully designed to facilitate easy and convenient traffic flow for vehicles accessing each plot of land.
- The main road system is 26 meters wide and designed with a load-bearing capacity of 30DH.
- The branch road system is 20,5 meters wide.
- The power supply system has been established in the industrial zone.
- Hanoi Power Company will provide power through six transformers with a total capacity of 50MVA and a voltage of 22KV.
Public Lighting System
The street lighting network is separately designed with a power supply system, arranged along the road axes.
- Hanel’s water supply system meets Vietnam’s standard of 10.000 m3.
- Hanel also provides clean water to the boundaries of leased plots according to contracts with the lessees.
Wastewater and Rainwater Drainage System
- Hanel will provide a wastewater drainage system up to the boundaries of leased plots.
- The waste treatment system of each lessee must be approved by the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Environment.
Solid waste: The factories within the industrial park will sign contracts with specialized units for waste sorting, collection, and transportation to avoid environmental pollution.
- Each lessee must seek approval from the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Environment for their wastewater treatment system.
- Industrial waste from each factory must be treated in compliance with the approved regulations of the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Environment.
- The telecommunications system meets international standards and is ready to meet all communication information needs.
- The underground fiber optic system is directly connected to the perimeter of each enterprise.
Firefighting pillars are strategically placed along the internal roads to each factory.
An overview perspective of Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi – TTTFIC Group
IV. Industry Attracts Investment in Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
Sai Dong B Industrial Park primarily attracts industries such as:
- Precision equipment and tools
- Optical instruments
- Household electrical appliances
- Communication equipment
- Medical equipment
- Laboratory equipment
Additionally, some other high-tech manufacturing industries that are environmentally friendly, non-polluting, and consumer-oriented are also present in the industrial park.
V. Investment Costs in Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
- Infrastructure Rent: 100 USD/m2 (This fee does not include VAT and may vary depending on the location and plot size.)
- Workshop Rent: 4 USD/m2. Minimum Leasing Area: 1000m2
- Industrial Park Management Fee: 0,35 USD/m2/year (excluding VAT)
- Clean Water Supply Fee: 0,49 USD/m3
- Wastewater Treatment Fee: 0,4 USD/m3 (Wastewater volume calculated as 80% of the supplied water volume)
- Electricity Price: According to the state’s tariff (ranging from 0,06 USD – 0,12 USD/kWh)
VI. Investment Incentives in Sai Dong B Industrial Park – Ha Noi
For enterprises implementing new investment projects in economically and socially challenging conditions:
- A preferential tax rate of 10% (compared to the regular rate of 20%) is applicable for 15 years, starting from the first year when the enterprise generates revenue.
- Maximum tax exemption for up to 4 years and a 50% reduction in the amount of tax payable for the next 9 years, calculated from the first year when the enterprise earns taxable income. In the case where the enterprise does not have taxable income in the first 3 years. The incentive will apply from the fourth year onwards, counting from the year when the enterprise earns revenue.
For enterprises implementing new investment projects in economically and socially difficult conditions:
- A preferential tax rate of 17% (compared to the current regular rate of 20%) is applicable for 10 years, starting from the first year when the enterprise generates revenue.
- Tax exemption for 2 years and a 50% reduction in the amount of tax payable for the next 4 years for income generated from new investment projects as specified in Clause 3 of Article 15 of Decree 218/2013/ND-CP and the income of enterprises from new investment projects in industrial zones (excluding industrial zones located in areas with favorable economic and social conditions).
- The exemption and reduction will be calculated from the first year when the enterprise earns taxable income from the new investment project. In the case where there is no taxable income in the first three years, counting from the year when the enterprise earns revenue from the new investment project, the time for tax exemption and reduction will start from the fourth year.
- Exemption from land rental fees during the basic construction period according to the project granted by the competent authority, but not exceeding 3 years from the date of the land rental decision.
- Exemption from land rental fees for the following 11 years after the end of the basic construction period.
- 15 years of land rental fee exemption after the basic construction period for priority investment sector projects.
- Exemption from land rental fees for the entire lease term in cases where the investment is in a sector with special preferential investment conditions.
The land for lease that belong to Industrial Park has run out of stock. Only the land and warehouse has been re-invested by individual investor that still available
- With over 20 years of experience in Design & Build for FDI projects of all scales. If you are looking for industrial real estate in Vietnam, give us a call! With a team of experienced experts, engineers, and lawyers, we have assisted thousands of buyers, sellers (M&A), and industrial real estate tenants (especially projects from Japan, US, Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea, Singapore, India…).
- For first-time investors in Vietnam, we assist in surveying suitable locations in Industrial Zones across the entire territory of Vietnam. We support handling investment procedures for projects.
- Our Design & Build approach means that from the moment the investor completes the land lease location, we take responsibility for all steps, including obtaining IRC/ERC; DTM; Fire prevention and firefighting certificates; legal aspects of the project from the design phase; applying for construction permits; progressing to the construction phase, and completing the factory for handover to the investor in an operational state in a turnkey manner.
- You don’t waste time searching, don’t incur additional consulting fees, and don’t have to spend money on investment estimates. We offer a complete package from receiving the client’s idea to completing the project, ensuring a smooth start of operations, reducing 2/3 of the time, effort, and money for you.
- The best thing you can do is call us today! help you expand your Business to Vietnam
Industrial Real Estate in IPs, Vietnam